Avaya 1608-I IP Phone
Avaya 1608-I IP Phone
The Avaya 1608-I is a full-featured IP phone with 9 programmable line and feature appearance buttons. It is an excellent choice for an everyday office worker with medium to high call volumes.
Avaya 1608-I IP Phone Features
- Backlit display – 3 rows by 24 characters. White backlight.
- Dual position flip stand.
- Fixed Buttons: 15 plus Four-way navigation cluster button.
- Volume up/down (separate volume levels for the handset, speaker, and ringer), Mute button, Speaker button, Headset button.
- Avaya Menu button (options and settings access), Telephony application button – to return to main telephone screen.
- Hold button, Conference button, Transfer button, Drop button.
- Contacts button, Call log button, Redial button, quick-access voicemail Message button.
- Programmable/Contextual buttons: 11.
- 8 line appearance/feature key buttons – with dual LEDs (red, green) and paper labels (Printing tool available). Note: For typical installs, the first 3 buttons are reserved for standard call appearances; a minimum of 2 call appearance buttons is needed for standard operation.
- Three contextual softkey buttons.
- Key Labels: Icons and text used on fixed feature keys.
- Features Menu: Mobile cell phone style menu with access to most often used features like Call Forwarding, Park, Settings, etc. On screen status indication for activated features like call forwarding.
- Speakerphone: High quality two-way handsfree speaker and microphone.
- Hearing Aid Compatible: Yes - ergonomic hearing aid compatible handset also supporting TTY acoustic
- Message Waiting Indicator: Yes - also useable as a ringing call alert indicator.
- Personalized Ring Patterns: Yes - 8.
- Headset Socket: Yes.
- Embedded Applications:
- Centralized call log and contact application, fully transparent between 1408/1608/1416/1616 phone, 9600 telephones and Avaya one-XTM Portal for IP Office.
- Contacts application (up to 100 entries) and Call Log (Missed, Incoming, Outgoing, up to 30 calls).
- Access to company directory and Visual Voice applications on IP Office.
- Upgradeable Firmware: Yes.
- Expansion: None.
- Color: Black.
- Mounting: Desk or wall mountable with optional wall mount adapter.
Avaya 1608-I IP Phone Requirements
- Power Supply: IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) class 2 device or optional wall plug local power
- Codecs/audio: G.711, G.729a/b, Dynamic Jitter buffer, Echo Cancellation, Comfort Noise, Automatic Gain Control.
- QoS Options: UDP Port Selection, DiffServ and 802.1p/q (VLAN).
- SNMP Support: Yes.
- IP Address Assignment: Static or dynamic IP address assignment.
- Ethernet Ports: Ethernet (10/100) line interface with a secondary 10/100 port for co-located laptop or PC with VLAN separation.
- Well suited for everyday use, where typically smaller sized data files transferred (web, email file attachments) or less demanding data-transfer application/usage (thus less sensitive to data transfer completion times).
- Support of optional Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.